HaSOFER.com - Your choice for Israeli/Jewish-produced Judaica
Thank you for choosing HaSOFER.com for your online Judaica or STa"M purchase! HaSOFER.com actively refrains from marketing any non-Israeli or non-Jewish-made articles. We don't sell knitted kipot which are either imported from the Far East or made by non-Jewish labor in Israel. Neither do we sell tallit bags or mezuzah covers which are unauthorized copies of original Jewish or Israeli designs. Your purchase at HaSOFER.com strengthens the Israeli economy and supports the many small family businesses that are the majority of our suppliers.
Our Timely Shipping Pledge
We ship many orders the same day we receive them. However, due to the very wide range of products we carry, and the numerous options available for many of them, certain items take longer to make up. Please note the information that appears on the pages of our web site alerting you to the extra time required for us to prepare specified product options. We pledge to inform you within 3 business days of receiving your order if the items you have ordered will take longer than that to prepare and ship.
Online Purchase Process, Gift Cards, Payment Options
Upon selecting one of the items on our web site and clicking on ADD TO CART you will be taken to the first stage of your shopping cart:
- Note: If the item you are buying has various options, you will first see our CLICK TO ORDER button. Click that button to see and choose your options, then click on “ADD TO CART” at the bottom of the options window.
- Your first shopping cart screen summarizes your order and asks for your choice of shipping method (details below). Here you also find a box for Comments or Special Requests of any sort regarding your purchase. If your purchase is a gift for someone else, use the Comment Box to give us the text you want for the Gift Card we will include with the item. No billing information is included in packages sent as gifts. After choosing shipping method click on GO TO PAYMENTS.
- The next screen brings you into the secure SSL area of our server and a closed lock will appear in one corner of your computer screen, varying according to browser type. This window details your total order including shipping charges and is where you give us your complete billing and shipping addresses. HaSOFER is glad to ship items you purchase to a friend or family member. Please pay attention to required fields. At the bottom of the screen is a checkbox for storing your address details to simplify future purchases. Please also note that even if you make your own arrangement for shipping of your purchase we must add $10 to your bill due to local Israeli export regulations. We are required to submit documentation that enables you to make your purchase without paying local VAT. We later send your receipt to you via Registered Air Mail to your billing address as listed on your order.
- The next screen displays a complete record of all purchase and address information for your order. Please confirm that there are no mistakes! If you need to change any of the information do so by clicking on the back button and then clicking again on CONTINUE. Choose your method of payment: Credit Card or Contact me about payment, in which case we will contact you by email or telephone. Before clicking on CONTINUE please print the page in order to have a complete record of your order.
- When you choose payment by credit card you enter HaSOFER's automated credit card verification and billing system provided by Credit Guard Corp., also located in Israel. Confirm that all the information in the Secured Payments Details section is correct, then enter your Credit Card Details. HaSOFER accepts VISA and Mastercard credit cards issued anywhere in the world outside of Israel. Only click on the PAY button once and wait for your confirmation screen to appear. If any error message appears, please email us and we will process your order manually.
- Please note that the Credit Guard Corp. system is integrated with both VISA and Mastercard to verify your credit card purchase for the amount that appears in your shopping cart. This amount will appear initially in your credit card statement as a pending charge and is for verification purposes only. It will disappear within 30 days (usually much less). After we process your order in our Jerusalem shop we may adjust your billing amount, either down or up, depending on your order details. We then process your billing manually in order to prevent any possible issues of hillul Shabbat. The second billing figure which will appear in your credit card statement is the amount which will be debited from your account. Your final itemized bill and receipt will be emailed to you.
- If you are paying for your order with a local Israeli credit card we are required to add VAT to your bill and to submit your teudat zehut number with your credit charge. We will contact you if and when we require this.
- When you have successfully completed the purchase process you will receive a confirmation email from us containing all of your order details. You will receive another email when your order is shipped from Jerusalem containing your receipt and the package ID number for tracking shipment progress via the Internet.
- Since HaSOFER.com is based in Jerusalem, ISRAEL, we are required by law to conduct business and receive all payments in our local currency, the New Israeli Shekel (NIS). For your convenience prices of all our products appear on our web site in US dollars. In actuality, all credit card transactions are charged in NIS. The rate of exchange used is that published on the transaction date by the Israeli government on the Israel Postal Bank web site as the US Dollar Cash Sell Rate: the rate at which the Postal Bank sells US Dollars. You can see the current rate on the Israel Postal Bank web site. The exchange rate that you are actually charged by your bank or credit card company may vary by as much as one or two percent, higher or lower, due to subsequent changes beyond our control in the exchange rate. Some banks and credit card companies also charge a service fee for international transactions. Contact the issuer of your credit card for details.
International Shipping Information
HaSOFER.com ships to almost any country in the world. When your order is shipped we email you the package ID number for online tracking.
Shipping charges are based on the weight and size of your package and the shipping method you choose. You have a choice of three shipping methods with the following estimated delivery times to the USA and Europe:
- eCommerce Standard Air: Estimated delivery: 10 - 15 business days. Signature required for delivery. Each package insured for $50 maximum. Customer assumes responsibility for loss or damage above this amount. FOR PACKAGES UP TO 2 KILO ONLY.
- EMS Priority Mail Service: Estimated delivery: 3 - 5 business days. Fully insured. Signature required for delivery.
- DHL-Israel Express Export: Estimated delivery: 2 - 3 business days. Fully insured. Signature required for delivery.
Sample shipping rates to the US and western Europe:
|½ Kg||1 Kg||2 Kg||3 Kg||4 Kg||5 Kg||6 Kg|
|eCommerce Standard Air Mail||$ 10||$ 15||$ 20||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|EMS Priority Mail Service||$ 40||$ 50||$ 60||$ 70||$ 80||$ 90||$ 100|
|DHL-Israel Express Export Service||$ 40||$ 50||$ 60||$ 70||$ 80||$ 90||$ 100|
Shipping charges are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice. As you shop you can check the HaSOFER.com shopping cart at any time to see your full shipping costs based on a US or western European address. You can also compare the shipping charges for your order via each carrier before completing your order. In special circumstances there may be additional charges. If this is the case we will contact you with details prior to billing and shipping your order.
All purchases for export are exempt from local Israeli 17% Value Added Tax. Included in our shipping charges is the filing of the various documents that HaSOFER.com is required to submit to facilitate this.
Please remember that there may be local duties and/or taxes imposed on your order that aren't reflected in our prices and over which we obviously have no control. Check with your local Customs Office for these charges. The vast majority of our customers are pleased to be purchasing high-quality merchandise direct from Jerusalem. They think any extra shipping charges and possible customs duty are a small add-on to be supporting Israel.
Domestic Israeli Delivery of Your Purchase
HaSOFER.com is glad to ship your purchase anywhere in Israel via courier for $25 for each package up to 6 kg. Delivery time is 1 to 2 business days. Heavier or oversize packages cost more. As with international shipments, we will inform you of any extra shipping charges before sending your order.
We hope you will be completely satisfied with the products you purchase from HaSOFER.com. If that’s not the case, you can return any item except for special order and personalized items, and those that carry independent kashrut certification such as tefillin, mezuzot and shofars. We reserve the right to inspect all returned merchandise to ascertain that it is in unused, re-sellable condition.
Returns are accepted for sixty days from purchase date and entitle you to a store credit, gift certificate or refund to the credit card originally charged for the sale. Returns are subject to a restocking fee of 5% of the purchase price or $25, whichever is lower. Errors in the size of an item will be exchanged on an in-stock basis with no restocking charge. Even if the size error is your mistake you will only be charged for reshipping.
Please do not return any item until contacting HaSOFER.com and receiving our authorization and packing instructions. Returned items should be sent to us prepaid, insured, with all original tags and packaging intact.
HaSOFER.com does not share or exchange email addresses or any other information that you provide us with any other entity, business or private.
Site Security Information
HaSOFER.com is committed to you, our customers', security, and continually strives to provide the highest level of protection for your credit card transactions via the Internet.
The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software that we use is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts, or translates, all of your personal information including credit card number, name and address, into a highly indecipherable code so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.
When you finish selecting the items you want to purchase you begin the checkout process by moving into the secure area of our site. A warning window may pop up to notify you that you are entering this "safe" area. Once you've entered, the page address (URL) will change from http to https, to let you know you are in a secure area. Also, a key or a closed lock will appear in one corner of your screen to notify you of this change. You will remain in this secure zone for the remainder of the checkout process and be notified when you leave it.
Once your ordering information reaches HaSOFER.com we continue to take all necessary security measures to protect you, including not releasing credit card information to any outside organization. In the unlikely event that anything improper happens with your credit card transaction we assume full responsibility to work with your credit card company to minimize cost and bother for you.
If you have any questions about our site security policies or methods please email us at info@HaSOFER.com.
Alternative Ordering Options
If for any reason you do not want to place your order with HaSOFER.com online, we offer you these alternatives:
Phone: Call us as +972-2-538-3701, extension 101, and ask for a salesperson.
Send us a fax to +972-2-538-8645 and if possible fax us a printout of the page from our web site illustrating the item you wish to purchase.
Snail mail: Write to us, if possible including a printout of the page from our web site illustrating the item you wish to purchase, at:
- P.O. Box 43055
- Jerusalem, ISRAEL
- P.O. Box 43055
Copyright and Reuse Information
©Copyright 2001 by HaSOFER Moshe Flumenbaum
All material on this web page and on all pages of this web site, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, photography, software, scripts, sound, music and video, is the sole property of HaSOFER Moshe Flumenbaum.
Permission is granted to use and/or reprint any text portions of this material on condition that this is done for your personal, non-commercial use and the following quotation is included at the top or bottom of every page: "This material thanks to and property of HaSOFER Moshe Flumenbaum. For reuse contact http://www.HaSOFER.com or info@HaSOFER.com."