HaSOFER.com - Your choice for Israeli/Jewish-produced STa"M and Judaica
Thank you for choosing HaSOFER.com for your online STa"M or Judaica purchase! HaSOFER.com actively refrains from marketing any non-Israeli or non-Jewish-made articles. We don't sell knitted kipot which are either imported from the Far East or made by non-Jewish labor in Israel. Neither do we sell tallit bags or mezuzah covers which are unauthorized copies of original Jewish or Israeli designs. Your purchase at HaSOFER.com strengthens the Israeli economy and supports the many small family businesses that are the majority of our suppliers.
Our Timely Shipping Pledge
We ship many orders within 3 days of receiving them. However, due to the very wide range of products we carry, and the numerous options available for many of them, certain items take longer to make up. Notes appear next to select items on our site alerting you to this. We pledge to inform you within 3 business days of receiving your order if the items you have ordered will take longer than that to prepare and ship.
- If the item you want has options available, these will be offered to you before you enter the shopping cart.
- The first screen of the cart summarizes your order and lists available shipping choices. As you choose shipping method your total bill is adjusted appropriately. (More details about shipping below.) You can select here to make your own arrangement for shipping of your purchase. Note that even so we must add $10 to your bill to comply with Israeli export regulations that require us to submit documentation enabling you to make your purchase without paying local VAT.
- A space is also provided on this page for Comments or Special Requests of any sort regarding your purchase. If your purchase is a gift being shipped directly to the recipient, use the Comment Box to give us the text you want for a Gift Card to be included with the item. No billing information is included in packages sent as gifts.
- Clicking on GO TO PAYMENTS brings you into the secure SSL area of our server, as indicated by your browser. Please pay attention to required fields as you give us billing and shipping addresses. Mark the checkbox at the bottom of the screen for us to store your details for future purchases.
- The next screen displays a complete record of all purchase and address information for your order. Please confirm that there are no mistakes. Change any of the information listed by clicking on the back button. Choose method of payment: Credit Card or Contact me about payment, in which case we will contact you by email or telephone. Before continuing please print the page or make a screen capture in order to have a complete record of your order.
- When you choose payment by credit card you enter HaSOFER's automated credit card verification and billing system provided by Credit Guard Corp., also located in Israel. Confirm that all the information in the Secured Payments Details section is correct, then enter your Credit Card Details. HaSOFER accepts American Express, VISA and Mastercard. Only click on the PAY button once and wait for your confirmation screen to appear. If an error message appears, email us and we will process your order manually.
- Our automated system only verifies your credit card. The total purchase amount in your shopping cart will appear in your credit card statement as a pending charge. It is for verification purposes only and will disappear within 30 days, usually much less. After we process your order in our Jerusalem shop we bill your card manually. We do this in order to prevent any possible issues of hillul Shabbat. The second billing figure which will appear in your credit card statement is the amount which will be debited from your account. Your receipt will be emailed to you.
- If you are paying for your order with a local Israeli credit card we are required to add VAT to your bill and to submit your teudat zehut number with your credit charge. We will contact you if and when we require this.
- After you complete your purchase you will receive a confirmation email from us. When your order is shipped from Jerusalem you will receive another email containing your receipt and tracking number for the package.
International Billing and Exchange Rates
Since HaSOFER.com is based in Jerusalem, ISRAEL we are required by law to conduct business and receive all payments in our local currency, the New Israeli Shekel (NIS). For your convenience prices of all products on our web site appear in US dollars however all credit card transactions are charged in NIS. Web site prices are estimates based on the local shekel price minus local taxes. Your purchase at HaSOFER is an export from Israel and exempt from local tax. International currency exchange rates are beyond our control and extremely volatile. In order to continue offering our products to customers in many different countries around the world we are forced to use a preset currency exchange rate. This rate is currently US$1 = 3.45 NIS and is reviewed and adjusted as needed. Please make your own calculation for your cost in your local currency. Remember: the exchange rate you are actually charged by your bank or credit card company may vary. Also some banks and credit card companies charge a service fee for international transactions. Contact the issuer of your credit card for details.
International Shipping Information
HaSOFER.com ships to almost any country in the world. When your order is shipped we email you the package ID number for online tracking. You have a choice of three shipping methods with the following estimated delivery times to the USA and western Europe:
- eCommerce Standard Air: Estimated delivery 6 - 10 weeks. Signature required for delivery. Packages are NOT insured. Customer assumes responsibility for loss, damage or delay in delivery. FOR PACKAGES UP TO 2 KILO ONLY.
- EMS Priority Mail Service: Estimated delivery 7 - 15 business days. Packages are NOT insured. Customer assumes responsibility for loss, damage or delay in delivery. Signature required for delivery.
- DHL-Israel Express Export: Estimated delivery 3 - 5 business days. Fully insured. Signature required for delivery.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the current pandemic world situation Standard Air and EMS shipping world-wide continue to experience major delays. In addition, online tracking for these packages is currently unavailable for many countries, USA included, and once your package leaves our hands it cannot be traced. For reasonable and reliable delivery time, DHL is the only shipping method we can recommend at this time.
Shipping charges are based on both the shipping method you choose as well as the weight and size of your package. This table shows sample shipping rates to the US and western Europe. Rates are subject to adjustment if your package is large and involves dimensional displacement:
|½ Kg||1 Kg||2 Kg||3 Kg||4 Kg||5 Kg||6 Kg|
|eCommerce Standard Air Mail||$ 15||$ 20||$ 30||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|EMS Priority Mail Service||$ 40||$ 50||$ 60||$ 70||$ 80||$ 90||$ 100|
|DHL-Israel Express Export Service||$ 40||$ 50||$ 60||$ 70||$ 80||$ 90||$ 100|
Shipping charges are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice. As you shop you can check the HaSOFER.com shopping cart at any time to see your full shipping costs based on a US or western European address. You can also compare the shipping charges for your order via each carrier before completing your order. In special circumstances there may be additional charges. If this is the case we will contact you with details prior to billing and shipping your order.
All purchases for export are exempt from local Israeli 17% Value Added Tax. Included in our shipping charges is the filing of the various documents that HaSOFER.com is required to submit to facilitate this.
Please remember that there may be local duties and/or taxes imposed on your order that aren't reflected in our prices and over which we obviously have no control. Check with your local Customs Office for these charges. The vast majority of our customers are pleased to be purchasing high-quality merchandise direct from Jerusalem. They think any extra shipping charges and possible customs duty are a small add-on to be supporting Israel.
Domestic Israeli Delivery of Your Purchase
HaSOFER.com is glad to ship your purchase anywhere in Israel via courier for $25 for each package up to 6 kg. Delivery time is 1 to 2 business days. Heavier or oversize packages cost more. As with international shipments, we will inform you of any extra shipping charges before sending your order.
We hope you will be completely satisfied with the products you purchase from HaSOFER.com. If that’s not the case, you can return any item except for special order and personalized items, and those that carry independent kashrut certification such as tefillin, mezuzot and shofars. We reserve the right to inspect all returned merchandise to ascertain that it is in unused, re-sellable condition.
Returns are accepted for sixty days from purchase date and entitle you to a store credit, gift certificate or refund to the credit card originally charged for the sale. Returns are subject to a restocking fee of 5% of the purchase price or $25, whichever is lower. Errors in the size of an item will be exchanged on an in-stock basis with no restocking charge. Even if the size error is your mistake you will only be charged for reshipping.
Please do not return any item until contacting HaSOFER.com and receiving our authorization and packing instructions. Returned items should be sent to us prepaid, insured, with all original tags and packaging intact.
HaSOFER.com does not share or exchange email addresses or any other information that you provide us with any other entity, business or private.
Site Security Information
HaSOFER.com is committed to you, our customers', security, and continually strives to provide the highest level of protection for your credit card transactions via the Internet.
The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software that we use is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts, or translates, all of your personal information including credit card number, name and address, into a highly indecipherable code so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.
When you finish selecting the items you want to purchase you begin the checkout process by moving into the secure area of our site. A warning window may pop up to notify you that you are entering this "safe" area. Once you've entered, the page address (URL) will change from http to https, to let you know you are in a secure area. Also, a key or a closed lock will appear in one corner of your screen to notify you of this change. You will remain in this secure zone for the remainder of the checkout process and be notified when you leave it.
Once your ordering information reaches HaSOFER.com we continue to take all necessary security measures to protect you, including not releasing credit card information to any outside organization. In the unlikely event that anything improper happens with your credit card transaction we assume full responsibility to work with your credit card company to minimize cost and bother for you.
If you have any questions about our site security policies or methods please email us at info@HaSOFER.com.
Alternative Ordering Options
If for any reason you do not want to place your order with HaSOFER.com online, we offer you these alternatives:
Our toll-free tel lines: US: 1.929.230.1244 – UK: 020.3734.7090
Intl & WhatsApp: +972.2.538.3701
Fax: +972.2.538.8645. If possible including a printout of the page from our web site illustrating the item you wish to purchase.
Snail mail: If possible including a printout of the page from our web site illustrating the item you wish to purchase:
- P.O. Box 43055
- Jerusalem, ISRAEL
- P.O. Box 43055
Copyright and Reuse Information
©Copyright 2001 by HaSOFER Moshe Flumenbaum
All material on this web page and on all pages of this web site, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, photography, software, scripts, sound, music and video, is the sole property of HaSOFER Moshe Flumenbaum.
Permission is granted to use and/or reprint any text portions of this material on condition that this is done for your personal, non-commercial use and the following quotation is included at the top or bottom of every page: "This material thanks to and property of HaSOFER Moshe Flumenbaum. For reuse contact http://www.HaSOFER.com or info@HaSOFER.com."