Features of the Jewish Clock and Jewish Watch:
Note: HaSOFER recommends checking with your posek before you rely on the zmanim displayed on the
Jewish Clock or Jewish Watch.
The Jewish Clock is composed of two independent, battery-powered digital mechanisms housed in an attractive
wooden frame: the original Leitner Jewish Clock in addition to a large format Clock / Calendar /
The digital Jewish Clock unit features the following halachic time and date alerts according to the Hebrew date.
The basic display is in your choice of either Hebrew or English, showing either the Hebrew or Gregorian date. Conversion between
the two calendars is automatic. The Hebrew date changes at sunset:
- Sunset and sof z'man kriat shema each day.
- Candle lighting time on erev Shabbat.
- Parashat HaShavua, displayed throughout Shabbat.
- Time Shabbat ends, displayed throughout Shabbat.
- Shabbat m'vorchin, displayed throughout Shabbat.
- Ya'ale v'yavo, displayed on rosh chodesh and hol hamoed.
- Al hanissim, displayed on Hanukah and Purim.
- Day of Chanukah, with count advancing each day at sunset.
- S'firat ha'omer, with count advancing each day at sunset.
The Jewish Watch
is a water resistant digital timepiece with sturdy plastic strap. In addition to all the standard
features of the Jewish Clock
it also has:
- alarm which shuts off automatically after 20 seconds making it convenient for use on Shabbat and Yom Tov.
- alarms to alert you to sunset and sof z'man kriat shema each day.
- alarm to remind you prior to candle lighting time on erev Shabbat.
The Jewish Clock and Jewish Watch
are pre-programmed with settings for your choice of numerous
cities both in Israel and around the world. In addition, they can be manually programmed for any location in the world
that has a constant time differential to any of the cities found on your timepiece. Cities available vary according to version
of the software. The following cities appear on all models:
|Tel Aviv||Los Angeles||Paris|
Three personalized Hebrew or English messages can be programmed into the Jewish Clock and Jewish
Watch as a reminder of an anniversary, birthday, etc.
The digital Clock / Calendar / Thermometer unit in the Jewish Clock has the following features:
- time in 12 or 24 hour format.
- day, month and year.
- day of the week.
- temperature in the range from 10 to 50 degrees Centigrade, with option to display in Fahrenheit.
- independent alarm that rings for 1 minute, with snooze option.
The Jewish Watch
and the digital Leitner unit of the Jewish Clock
are guaranteed by the
manufacturer for 90 days for parts and service. The standard digital unit of the
is guaranteed by HaSOFER for 90 days for parts and service.
To complete your Judaica purchase don't forget to see our: